Saturday, February 25, 2012

real vs ideal

In case you missed this post.

I'm here to talk to about Real Vs Ideal in our homes. Home bloggers obviously want to show the pretty side of our homes. We may show some ugliness along the way, but for the most part we are showing DIY projects, room makeovers, and amazing pictures from other bloggers or pinterest that inspire us, because the hope is that we inspire you.



Because our work is shown online, it pushes us to do better, work harder, and be more creative, however people can be left feeling less than. Wondering "Why isn't my house always perfect?"

Well no ones home is perfect, not even mine.

During a project, my home is anything but ideal.



The truth is real living happens and life is messy.




Here are some ways that I get my home to be tidy is:

1. Everything should have a home
2. That home should be easily accessible to where you use the item
3. Make sure every one knows about where items live
4. Use it, and then put it back
5. If you forget to put it away, make sure you return everything to there home every night so you start out fresh the next day.

My home is real. We use it, we get it dirty, we make messes and then we clean them up.

We use our living room and dining room all day long. I have storage all over the place and it takes me 3 minutes to go from baby toy disaster to tidied up.

This video shows how I can clean up my daughters mess really quickly. I hope you enjoy!




Before & After Pictures







I do hope you'll come over to my blog and check out some of my posts on  cleaning , organizing or  decorating. Here's my post about Toy Storage.


3 comments:

  1. Great post! I love your home. I can just imagine your little one playing with all of those toys and having so much fun. It's great that you let her (?) explore and play to her heart's content.

    Sharon @ mrs. hines class

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't even have kids and my house often looks like a cyclone whipped through. I am a big believer in stashing everything in a basket and dealing with it later!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your home is beautiful even when toys are scattered everywhere! I'm drooling over your floors...

    I just wanted to pop over and say thank you so much for your sweet comment about my porch swing over at Primitive and Proper! I agree with you about the white, and I think I am going to add another layer of white wash. Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your support, I always comment back or send follow up emails. Don't forget to become a follower if you havent already.